Rapid Response ADVOCATE
The Northeast Anti-Human Trafficking Rapid Responder is a vital point of contact for victims, law enforcement, medical service providers, and other community agencies.
• Serve as a primary Point of Contact for law enforcement and other agencies that identify victims of human trafficking;
• Respond in-person to law enforcement who identify a suspected victim of human trafficking;
• Maintain an flexible on-call schedule Monday through Friday with a rotating on-call weekend and holiday schedule;
• Conduct interviews with potential victims of human trafficking to determine program eligibility and facilitate appropriate referrals;
• Act as a knowledgeable advocate within the legal system;
• Develop a network of law enforcement contacts, service providers, and referrals sources in the designated region to assist in identifying and responding to trafficked victims;
• Assist in the development and/or implementation of a Regional Human Trafficking Task Force including coordination of meetings and active leadership within the Task Force;
• Collaborate with partnered agencies to facilitate services to trafficked victims;
• Adhere to all Policies and Procedures established by CVP;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prefer a B.A. or B.S in Social Work, Social Services, Psychology, or other Social Sciences and have one year case management experience with victims of interpersonal violence.
• Possess good organization, written, and oral communication skills.
• Pass a criminal background check.
• Possess a valid Mississippi Driver’s License and have a clear Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
• Ability to read, write, and speak English;
• Ability to understand and work within the Team Model;
• Understands the dynamics of trauma-informed care and has the ability to identify and respond to victims of violence;
• Demonstrates the ability to exercise and model healthy boundaries with clients and others;
• Maintains professional working relationships with staff and program stakeholders;
• Possesses strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Ability to operate a computer, multi-line phone, and other office equipment;
• Possess and have full use of reliable transportation with valid automobile insurance.
-Fulltime $45,000 per year
-On-call remote work